Gand & Bernardel

This bow has been sold.

This violin bow was made for the Gand & Bernadel firm in Paris by the Voirin shop c. 1890.  It is accompanied by a certificate from the Parisian bow expert  Jean-Francois Raffin. The bow has a frog and adjuster from the period, but not original to the stick, making it a more affordable player's bow.